Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Marching Band Cookies & Cake


One of the band directors at my sister's school is leaving, and I was volunteered to make the going-away cake. It's a yellow cake with Italian buttercream frosting (seriously one of the best things ever), decorated with rosebuds (which I learned in my Wilton class!) swags and shells. There's also some cornelli lace going on, which makes the cake a little more interesting

It's not the Chris Brown you're thinking of...

And I also made 108 cookies for all of the band members, which took a lot of work, but they look nice. I designed them after the band's uniforms. Thankfully it was only 3 colors and I got them all done in one night.


Sometimes, I think I work too hard.

2 comments:

Ocean Frieght said...

Looks very nice cake.. I like this one..The blog was very amazing.. Keep it up.

Kelsie said...

Thanks, guys! Glad y'all could stop by my blog :)