Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pretty Little Flowers


So yesterday's Wilton class was awesome. I mean, just look at this gorgeous rose that I made! Having someone help me walk through all the steps was definitely a big help (especially compared with the roses I tried making on my own) and I remembered a lot of the advice Shelley gave during one of her demos last summer.

The key to realistic looking flowers, it turns out, is super thin gumpaste...

Maybe don't look at the carnation. The example our instructor showed us was much prettier/more life like. Mine just looks like wadded up tissues...

I just need more practice!

But the calla lilly is cute!

I love these flowers because they're so unusual :)

So that's what I did last night. I also talked myself out of buying a $130 airbrush machine that Duff offers... I'll wait until I have a 50% off coupon! Has anyone else bought this particular version before? Or even used an airbrush machine? I'd like to play around with the one at work, but I currently have zero experience airbrushing cakes. Any suggestions/anecdotes are welcome! :)

2 comments: