Saturday, October 3, 2009

Success


The other day in my Introduction to University Experience class, we had to draw a picture of what we think success looks like. I'm not much of an artist, drawing wise, but my vision of success includes a money-making bakery and me looking all adorable in an apron. :D

College is certainly keeping my busy, so I haven't had any time to bake (except when I went home last weekend- yay!- and baking a brownie cake for Mom's birthday that James (the noncake eater) absolutely loved). This is unfortunate because the Iron Cupcake: Earth challenge is music (I love music) and this Friday is Pro-Life Cupcake Day, which is an adorable way to raise awareness.

I'm still keeping my eye open for baking opportunities, but Thanksgiving is only a few weeks (ok, seven week) away, and at the very least, I can bake up a storm then. I feel so bad that my blog has laid dormant for so long, but just know that I'm constantly thinking about it and writing down different baking ideas. And of course, picturing my future success. :-)

5 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Kelsie, I love all the details in your picture. You are TOTALLY adorable in your apron. Take plenty of business and accounting classes so you know how to get that bakery business hopping. Once you get it off the ground, it will surely be a smashing success!

hillary said...

Or...major in food science or restaurant management...at UGA.

hillary said...

You need to update this blog, too, since you're no longer 17!

Spoony G said...

Hey Kelsie!!
you go girl!! live your dreams and fellow them, no telling where in life your dreams will come true. speaking as a cake artist myself,I know how frustrating fellowing your dreams can be.

property manager said...

So,first of all, that's great that you made a cake for your mother as her Birthday present,it's wonderful and I am sure she was happy that day.Besides,the picture of the description of success is also very cute ,thanks for sharing.You are really a lovely man/woman.