Monday, March 16, 2009

Zebra Cake, II


This is last weekend's cookie cake for my sister's friend's 15th birthday.  I changed the design up a little bit from the last one, and I think it looks awesome.  (I might be a little biased, but the birthday girl and her mom liked it too.)

Plus, the said it tasted great, which is the main purpose of the cake anyway.

In other cake decorating news, I have recently been to both Michael's and the "local" cake decorating store.  At Michael's, I bought some tips and some various cookie decorating equipment, like squeeze bottles.  The "local" cake store was a little more interesting:  I bought a tip saver and a lily flower nail, which will come in handy when Easter is here.  I say that the store is "local" because it's really 45 minutes away-- not really in the local area at all.  However, it's only about a minute from the dentist's office, and Mom and I were able to stop by and browse before my appointment.

This week I've got to make the Spanish Honor Society Induction Cake (the NHS cake fell through because I didn't have a pan big enough to make a cake for 100 people) and Katie's birthday cake.

If you haven't been able to tell, with my lack of blogging recently, March has been a very busy month.  And it's only half over!  I will try my hardest to stay on top of things, though, which includes blogging.  Oh, and Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awwww you're so creative, Kelsie :)

Lynette said...

Super cute cake! Love it.

Maria Denzer said...

Hi Kelsie, I came across your blog while searching for cake blogs to add to the listing on my own blog, Diva Delights Cake and Sugar Art (http://divadelightscakeart.blogspot.com). Like you, I am also a self-taught cake decorator and I must say that you have quite a head start on this cake decorating thing. You show a wonderful creative bent and I hope that you persue you interest, especially in the area of fondant and gumpaste decorating. I think that you'll find a great deal of creative satisfaction using that medium. If you're looking for additional inspiration check out some of the cake blogs listed on my blog, especially "Confetti Cakes", Elissa Strauss' blog. Like you, she started out very young and has gone on to become one of the acknowledged cake masters.

So, keep up the great work and best of luck in your decorating efforts!

Maria