Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Yay! Craft Store!

I finally got to go to Michael's! Not sure how I convinced Mom to take me shopping the day after Christmas, but as I needed things that she deemed appropriate to be needed, she agreed to drive me out to the big, humongous shopping center that really should be closer to home. Wow. Long sentence.

Back to the topic at hand: I got to go to Michael's! And I got to spend $10 of my own money. Figures. I bought a 4 set of couplers (I needed those; I'm always loosing them when I need them most), burgundy icing paste (yay!), and 350 mini cupcake liners. When we got to Target, I found out the Christmas liners were on clearance and were cheaper. Oh, well; you win some, you lose some.

I did not get any cake pans (I got two 9" pans from my grandparents for Christmas), nor did I buy the gumpaste kit or the castle set from Wilton. I'll save that for when I have a coupon or something.

I'm quite proud of my shopping experience. Sure, there were items that I wanted to buy and weren't there (lily flower nail), or I forgot (meringue powder), or were too expensive (gumpaste kit, castle set), but I feel like I really accomplished something. And I was able to satisfy my shopping addiction.

That being said, Happy Boxing Day and/or St. Stephen's Day everyone!

No comments: