Thursday, August 21, 2008

Some Changes and Updates...

First and foremost (it is the most obvious) is this new adorable layout from Gisele Jaquenod.  Her layouts and designs are so cute, aren't they?  (She made the CakeJournal design.  Oh, and CakeJournal is a snazzy place to visit, too.  Louise is quite talented!)  If you like her work enough, you could try entering her contest (like me! :-P).  The "tea and cookies" mug is my favorite... I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I love tea AND cookies.  It's fate. =D

So let's move on to some cake-related sugary goodness.  I bought some new cake pans with my birthday moneyThe good stuff.  The my-cakes-might-actually-turn-out-nice kind of pans.  :) Yay!  (I bought some round 10" cake boards, too.)  But the cake pans.  I am soooo looking forward to puttin' some batter in those babies!

Unfortunately, I don't have an excuse to use my pretty new pans until my dad's birthday in October! (Hillary and Adam both want rectangular cakes, and I have no idea what my mom wants.)  That's a long time to wait... I'll have to come up with a cake idea before then.

(Actually, I thought up a Jonas Brothers cake, but I really don't have a good enough excuse to make it... yet.)

I got a lot of awesome gifts for my birthday involving food/baking/kitchenware.  My grandparents gave me cookie cutters, a digital kitchen scale (I can't even tell you how long I've been asking to have our ancient (antique) scale replaced), and a rectangular cake container (yes, the one with the cupcake tray!)  I also recieved, from LeAnne's family, an oven mitt that said "A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen, and this kitchen is delirious."  =D  (I try, I really do, but, you know...)

I really want to make some cupcakes, too, so that I can carry them around in my snazzy container.  Well, bake sales are coming up soon in school (I think there is one next Tuesday...) so I'll have to make some then.  Cupcakes are also a good excuse to use up any extra icing.  (Which I plan on doing, since I have about a cup or two of that purple icing, plus some green icing in the freezer.)

Although I've got no baking in my immediate future, I am looking forward for that moment when I can take advantage of a cake-making situation and get some bakin' and decoratin' done! :)


Another Update:  Cakes by Kelsie now has a Facebook page.  Just thought I'd let y'all know that I just figured out how to make one of those! =D

4 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous layout, Kelsie!!

Miz Dinah said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Kelsie! Can't wait to see what you'll make with your new baking tools. I loved your royal cake and margarita cake!

Anj. Ü said...

I looove the new layout. 8D

Sweet Treats by Dani said...

love the new look!