Sunday, August 17, 2008

How to make Chocolate Marshmallow Fondant

  1. Follow Peggy W.'s Instructions.
  2. After you melt the marshmallows, melt 4 oz. baking chocolate according to the box, and add to the marshmallow mixture before adding the sugar.
  3. Continue following Peggy W.'s Instructions.
I'm not sure if it's because of the added chocolate, or because I'm incompetent, or what, but my fondant was really dry. So take it easy on the powdered sugar just in case.

Here are two other (different) recipes (And they are actual, real recipes, not "Kelsie just decided to throw some chocolate in there and see what happens"):
On an only slightly unrelated note, this recipe looks super yummy! Homemade Chocolate Marshmallows @ Cake on the Brain
(Which is, by the way, a really cool blog. The Ariel Castle Cake was gorgeous!)

P.S. This is a pretty basic recipe. I just added my own spin to another recipe found on the web. Have you made this recipe before? What did you like about it? What didn't you like about it? I'm looking to perfect the fondant because when I made it last, it had little streaks of chocolate. Can't wait to hear your suggestions!
xoxo
Kelsie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am certainly digging the new background.

h

Dreams of cakes said...

Thanks for the instruction reference. I use marshmallow fondant often.

Kelsie said...

No problem! I hope you find the directions useful. If you happen to make this fondant, please send me a picture of the cake! :)

Laura said...

I'm wondering if the streaks are because you didn't kneed (sp?) it enough? I only say that because I made the regular marshmallow fondant and when I added the color I had to kneed it until I got cramps in my hands. I had the same streaking problem. At any rate, I'm going to try this one out and I'll let you know.

Adam.Christina.Remy.Micah. said...

I used semi-sweet bakers chocolate and the fondant ended up tasting like a tootsie roll!

Kelsie said...

That sounds delicious! :)