Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ms. Reese!



So I finally finished those cupcakes on Wednesday night. Chocolate chip cupcakes with purple fluffy buttercream icing. My inspiration was an iris (purple and yellow), but I was told that these are her favorite flowers. I wish I could've made some out of gumpaste, or fondant, but I don't have any instruction books for that type of flower.

Despite that, I think that the colors turned out really nice. It's hard to tell in my picture, but the yellow sprinkles make the icing sparkle goldenly.

I delivered the cupcakes yesterday morning, and they were given to Ms. Reese later that afternoon for her surprise party. From the accounts that I heard, it was a really nice party and a happy birthday for Ms. Reese! I'm honored that I was asked to be included on this special day! :)

5 comments:

queen of everything said...

they turned out beautiful. if you want to invest in some really awesome decorating books i recommend the "wilton way of decorating volumes 1, 2, and 3". they are no longer in print, but my hubby found mine on ebay. they can be a bit pricey, but they are worth it. they have all kinds of helpful info in them, including how to make just about every kind of flower imaginable.

SheR. said...

Hi! Pretty purple icing! Nice! Check out some UK cake sites too. As far as I know, only 3 countries in the world are actually bothered about cake decorators (as a separate profession instead of just plain patissiere). They are UK, US and Australia.

Anonymous said...

I surfed into your blog when you were a featured site and have now book marked it. I use to decorate cakes when I was a teenager and really loved it. Your decorating skills are very good, so keep up the good work.

Hope you don't mind that I follow along, takes me back to my younger years :)

The cupcakes are really pretty, I bet the kids at the party loved them.

reliv4life said...

I thought I left a comment, but my computer acted up, hope I am not duplicating! Anyway, beautiful cupcakes. Cupcakes are my favorite thing to bake, I am not sure why, they are just FUN! Having two teenagers, I am curious if you clean up after yourself? What are we making this weekend??

*PhAbYA* said...

hi kelsie!!
can i pun your COLORFULL blog in my blogroll: i want you to be famous in italy too!!!
phabya