Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Crazy Binge Baking Weekend(s)

Here's what I've got going for me this weekend:

* Make smiley face cookies for my brother's friend's mom's club that she's starting at the elementary club.
* Make cupcakes for the Cupcake Spectacular (which I may donate for the Beta Club Bake Sale).
* Buy a few ingredients that we don't have.

All of that plus my sister has competition, the KoC at church are having their monthly breakfast fundraiser, it might snow, homework, the usual.

Then the next weekend:
  • Make the penguin cake (that's a load o' work right there!)
  • Make something (hopefully!) for somebody's birthday who may or may not read this blog
  • Maybe make a St. Patrick's Day cake
So it's really like 2 weekends in a row that I will be baking up a storm! Now. I'm procrastinating on my biology homework, but I really needed a break because all of this exam review is giving me a headache. Back to work!

On one last note: we went to the school today to get my class ring, and they had a cake there from Publix. I don't want to diss Publix cakes, because I've seen some beautiful ones, but somebody really didn't do a good job with these roses. The flowers started out nice, in the middle, but... the last row of petals looks rushed and, well, ugly. Like somebody didn't take the time to make them look as nice as the rest of the flower. Oh well, the cake still tasted good!


A rose that I made,
not perfect, but I took
my time

17 comments:

Kelsie said...

By the way, I took that picture with my camera phone and e-mailed it to myself. I'm actually really surprised at the quality. I was expecting something a lot worse, to be honest
Yay for Nokia =]

Robin said...

Hi Kelsie,

I came across your blog under the "blogs of note" area. You're a fantastic decorator! And only 16?!? My gosh, if only I were half as talented as you at that age! :)

Good luck with all your baking endeavors!

Sarah Meitner said...

Hi,

I too stumbled on your blog from the Blogger "Blogs of Note." I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed looking at your blog. You seem like a down-to-earth teen with a very "sweet" hobby. Keep up the good work! I wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

Another person who stumbled in here, but glad I did. When I was your age I loved to decorate cakes! Haven't had time to really read through all your blog, but I did see your roses and they look great. Keep up the good work :)

SoonerAggieMom said...

My sister is a cake decorator and taught herself. I love looking at this blog...makes me want to join in the fun. Good luck to you!

Rosie said...

Hi Kelsie, thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment :) WOW you have such a great looking blog here just love it!! I will becoming back now many times to visit.

Good luck with your baking adventures and looking forward to viewing them :D

Rosie x

queen of everything said...

have fun this weekend with all the baking and decorating. i hope to see plenty of pics next week, and good luck on your exam.

news of france said...

WOW U DID WELL RELAY WONDERFUL TASK DONE BY YOU KEEP ON GOING still is 16 u did well

bee said...

you're very talented ! i used to help my mom decorate cakes when i was younger, i love it ! i'm glad to see someone as talented as you practicing it so much ! and you do it so well !

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Firefly said...

Hiya Kelsie,

I also found you on the blogs of note section, my girlfriend and I really enjoyed reading your posts.

We were watching the viedos and were wondering.... that video where you make the MASSIVE cake out of chocolate sponge? what do you do with all the bits you cut off?!? And the fondant in the other video. I'd scoff the lot!

Anonymous said...

Cool Site. I love cake.

the pie-monkey said...

kelsie- you are 16? oh my gosh, i wish i could be that talented. just a tip 4 u in general baking that i discovered- if in lack of brown sugar, use cinnimon! it tastes great! u probably already no this, but u should totally oopen your own store. good luck with all your cooking(and not) endeavors. and u can count me being on your site again!

Anonymous said...

Yummy cake!!! YAY Nokia! Good luck with your homework/ test/ exam thingy!!

Sunshinemom said...

I came here from 'blogs to note'. And I am glad I did....I could never manage the kind of things you do...and at 16!! Amazing....keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

Yr cakes make my mouth watery..

_______________________________
www.mobiletechzone.blogspot.com

xeny said...

hi, how i wish i could have that great gift being a decorator . i love cake and pastries. hope i can taste that. :)
God Bless you. feature more cakes , especially chocolate cakes..