Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Penguin Cake Idea

My sister's birthday is coming up in a few weeks. This is a sketch I made (actually it's a picture of a sketch; I used the "documents" setting on my camera which is why it's brownish) of that cake. It's very early in the design phase right now. All I know is that I'm going to make an ice castle with penguins. (I'm definitely not the drawing kind of artist either)


This cake is an inspiration to me; I love the colors and she did a perfect job with the flowers and the sugary sprinkles and everything!

I would love to make such a pretty sparkling cake!

So that's my idea for Kate' s birthday cake! I'll keep you posted as I add and change the design over the next few weeks and I'll definitely be sure to post pictures after I complete it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Please update on this;I really want to make it!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl -- I am a professional cake decorator and you are on the right track, keep going. I am self-taught, learning how to decorate cakes from a Wilton yearbook. I have gone on to do big beautiful multi tiered wedding, anniversary and birthday cakes, baskets of cookies, and a lot of designer candies! Its a great way to make a living.

Cassy said...

wow that sketch look really cool!! i really hope it came out good!