Sunday, December 23, 2007

Recipes

I love to bake. But I'm not really big on the whole experimentation thing. (Too many bad memories of school science fairs, I guess.) So when I make cakes, I don't experiment with any of my own recipes. The same with icing. I do some searching on the internet and find some (easy) recipes that get rave reviews. And for the most part, the recipes are really good (and easy) and tasty.

Here are some of the most common (or most recent) recipes that I use:

Wilton's Yellow Cake
Dark Chocolate Cake from chocomama on Cakecentral.com
Gingerbread

Marshmallow Fondant
Wilton's Extra Special Buttercream (made with 1 stick of butter and 3/4 c. Crisco)
Buttercream Icing II from Peggy Weaver
Royal Icing

...And I've been known to use cake mixes from a box, too, although I'm getting away from that with my last two batches of cake goodies.

No comments: