Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Patrick Star




One of my favorite cakes is this Patrick Star cake. I think I love it so much because of how much the birthday boy loves it. The happiness of a four-year-old is so contagious!

I also love how smooth the icing turned out, as well as all of the colors. Perfect! And the bellybutton, which is so cute!




The cake doesn't look exactly like Spongebob's undersea pal, more like one of Dora's stars actually, and that is because I used Wilton's star shaped pan. I could have cut out my own Patrick-like shape to make him more "Patrick-looking" but doing it in the star pan gave him a lot of charm and whimsy. Especially concerning a four-year-old, the more whimsy, the better!

(star image from http://purpletoad.net/adopt-misc.html)

2 comments:

*PhAbYA* said...

kelsie you are amazing!!!
i'm phabya, a 23 y.o. (almost)chef from italy, and i relly love your cakes, shapes, colours oh MY!!!
patrik stella is very funny, my brother loves him, i will show him your very nice cake.

phabya

Anonymous said...

This one's adorable!