Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mini Margarita Cupcakes


When you have to ask your dad to go to the liquor store for you to buy some tequila, you know it's going to be an interesting day.

In my case, I asked him so that I could make mini margarita cupcakes for my friend Savannah's 21st birthday. And of course, for any 21st birthday, they need to be legit margarita cupcakes.

I'm not a big fan of the recipe that I used, which included frozen margarita mix and a splash of tequila; it was good but not quite the right texture for my liking. I'm a lot pickier than all my taste-testers, though, because nobody else complained. The frosting I made, however, was just amazing, if I can say so. I put about two shots worth of tequila and a little bit of lime food coloring in the frosting, and it just looked so good on top of the cupcakes with the green and white sugar "salt" I used to decorate.

I'll keep tweaking that cupcake recipe, though, and since we've still got a ton of tequila (I told dad I didn't need much!) and since my 21st birthday is coming up in five or six weeks, I've got plenty of reasons to keep baking!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Amazing Birthday Cakes images. This Birthday cake design is so good & well decorated. Thanks for sharing this beautiful image of cake with us.

cakes online india@country Flora said...

Amazing pictures ! I wish i wold have then on my portal.

Nicole said...

Kelsie,
I love your blog! I made a video for you.
You can view it here:

http://yummyarts.com/v/Kelsie.html

Nicole,
YummyArts.com