Friday, July 2, 2010

Cassata

I have no idea what a Cassata torte is. Well, only kinda. It's some vanilla/rum/cannoli flavored cake of deliciousness, if the above picture and accompanying description are any indication. I found it while looking through Publix's Big Book of Cakes (or whatever it's called) trying to find the Caramel Pecan Crunch cake for a customer.

So I went home and Googled it. Apparently, it's Italian, and who doesn't love Italian food?! (Although the cannoli should've been a sign of the country of origin.) I also found a recipe. Not quite the same as the Publix version, but obviously they put their own spin on it. I'm not a fan of the almonds, but I do like the little cannolis on top. So I've definitely put Cassata cake on my to-do list. It looks pretty, it sounds unique, and I think it would be a fun recipe to try... ooooh, and how cool would it be in cupcake form?!

Ahh, the gears are turning. Time to turn on the oven! :)

1 comment:

hillary said...

When you do make this, I think it sounds like a job for Kelsie's Cake Testers. :D