Saturday, October 25, 2008

I'm Back!

I realize that it's been about a month since my last post but rest assured that I have not forgotten my lovely blog or my faithful readers!  I've been uber busy the last month and it hasn't helped that I had the flu this week.

Because of my school work, homecoming, and the flu, baking hasn't been a top priority recently.  I did make my Dad and Grandpa a german chocolate birthday cake, and I'm in the process of making my brother's cake (his birthday is Monday), but that's about it.  Oh, and there were some sugar cookies...

But like I said, I've been swamped with school assignments (did I mention that my English teacher assigned us 7 essays to write about Frankenstein-- in two weeks?!).  And being student council president, I was in charge of homecoming, but thankfully, despite the rain, everything turned out OK there.  What didn't turn out OK was how sick I've been.  It's been horrible!  Even since I had that stomach virus or whatever at the beginning of the month, it's been one thing or another: sinus problems, throat problems...  And then I got the flu!  I couldn't talk for 2 days and you do not want to know how many tissues I needed to use...

All of that is behind us now and I hope that November will present me with more opportunities to bake, as well as the time to do it!  And, of course, the time to blog!  I've definitely not had enough to sit down and type like I'm doing right now (although I should be writing those essays).  I promise that in the coming days, you'll see those sugar cookies, that chocolate cake, and James' birthday cake show up on my blog.  And maybe some other treats too.  Did anyone say Halloween cupcakes?

So thanks for being patient with me and I'll see you soon around the 'blogosphere'!

2 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Whew, you're still alive! Glad you're feeling better. And look at you, student council president! Congratulations! You are always up to something amazing. Even if it doesn't involve sugar. ;-)

reliv4life said...

Good to see you again! I am glad you are feeling better. Looking forward to the pictures - I am sure they will be amazing!!