Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cakes of the Future

Or at least the Cakes of my future.

Future meaning the next few weeks! :)

First of all, after I made that Puerto Rico cake, I was asked to make a birthday cake for my brother's teacher's husband's birthday on the last week of school (on a side note, only 9 days left!). I'm excited about that, but I need to buy a new rectangular pan and red icing paste, so hopefully Michael's is also in my future...

And I still have cream cheese from that humongous block that Mom bought at Costo's, so I want to make another cheesecake. This time in the 9" pan instead of the 11".

After school ends, hopefully, I will have more free time (although since I'm doing volunteer work at the hospital and may or may not try to get a job at a bakery), and can make that TaB cake I wanted to bake...

Oh, and on Wednesday my healthcare class is having a "food day," so I think I'm supposed to make sugar cookies, but I need to double-check on that... (Shouldn't be a problem; I have dough in the freeze from the Pack Cookies.)

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I found my digital camera again, so I can take pictures of the next few baking items, unlike for the cheesecake I made for Mother's Day. :( It still tasted good though!

I'm off to do some homework and think about cake designs :) Oh, and Prince Caspian! :-D (A great movie, by the way!)

3 comments:

Megan said...

Hiya! :] My name's Megan. I lurk on your blog a lot, and I just have to say, your cakes blow my cakes out of the water! I can't wait to look at the pictures of your cakes in say, a year, and see how much progress you've made :]

Oh, and Prince Caspian (more specifically, Ben Barnes) = the total image of hottness ;] He beats Edward Cullen (from the Twilight series) by a mile. I was kinda bummed though. I wanted to see more of Edmund *sigh*

reliv4life said...

Can't wait to see the cakes of the future!!

Anj. Ü said...

Too bad about the Mother's Day Cheesecake. D:

I'm still looking forward to those cakes of the future,though. :3

Oh,this is Angel,by the way.The one who sent you that e-mail about my 'Baking Lessons' with my Mom. =))