Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cookie Procrastination

The Cute Cookie Contest from Taste of Home ends April 15th (which is, by the way, also tax day). I made some lemon-lime icebox cookies for the contest, for the "refrigerator cookies" category, but I recently had an idea for the "sugar cookies" category, and I'm going to bake those today.

I can't believe that I waited 2 days until the contest deadline to bake these cookies! Actually... I can believe it. I'm a huge, horrible procrastinator, and I'm not proud of it. But, that's the way I am, and I haven't changed for 16 1/2 years, so I doubt I'll stop procrastinating now (sorry, mom). Anyway, I think that I still have a shot at making it before the deadline.

My idea is so cute! Which is good, because the point of this contest is to find the cutest cookie. The $300 top prize isn't so bad either. I'll keep the design a secret until I actually make the cookies, that way it'll be more fun! :)

Hopefully you'll see me in a Taste of Home magazine soon! (Keep your fingers crossed!)

2 comments:

queen of everything said...

i hope they turned out well, hope to see you in the mag soon

Tracy P. said...

Well if they're HALF as cute as your Webkinz cookies, you should be making yourself a big shopping list for Michael's with your prize money--seriously!! Those things were cuter than all getout!