Saturday, December 1, 2007

Cake Ideas like Crazy

Lately, I've really had the creative juices flowing. Just this past week, I've had two cake ideas.


The first is the advent cake. When I first dreamed up this cake, it involved some fancy fondant footwork. However, I've kind of ditched that idea because I made some fondant that won't work. For starters, I think it's too soft. And then, it's too good to eat. I made my own fondant using marshmallows and it's really tasty, so I don't want to use it on decorations like the leprechaun and tiara I've made in the past.


So I think I'm going to decorate the cake like normal, and pipe the design on it, 2-D, not 3-D. I need to find out how to incorporate poinsettias into the cake, because they are easy to make and look pretty.


The next cake idea I had was for the Potter party. I want to use the Romantic Castle cake set from Wilton and make Hogwarts castle. Yeah, I know, I'm crazy. I couldn't make the cake nearly as detailed as in the picture above, but I would try!

That is what has come out of my brain this week. I greatly look forward to what next week brings...

No comments: